Test Bank Introduction to Computers for Healthcare Professionals 7th Edition by Irene Joos
Chapter 1: On the Way to Digital Literacy
- Computer literacy is the ability to use the computer to do practical tasks and to:
- use basic computer applications.
- complete basic networking skills.
- know how to assess a computer for purchase.
- use basic computer keyboards.
- Which of the following individuals can be described as digitally literate?
- A group leader highlights important parts of the textbook.
- A student posts a blueprint to Google Docs.
- A faculty member draws a diagram on the whiteboard with dry erase markers.
- A librarian assists students in finding books for research.
- An email with which type of attachment is at risk for releasing a virus when opening?
- A person who is using MS Excel is interested in:
- word processing.
- graphics and design.
- storing pictures and video clips.
- creating spreadsheets.
- A text file may also be called a(n) ______ file.
- Which icon would you use to download an email attachment?
- Exclamation mark
- When texting in a professional setting, be sure to:
- use abbreviations to avoid a lengthy text.
- use emojis to convey emotions.
- include more than 150 characters per message.
- eliminate punctuation.
- Which information would not be included in an email from one nurse to another?
- A patient’s social security number
- A patient’s gender
- The primary care provider for a patient
- Recommendations for a support group for a patient
- Which of the following should be avoided in a professional email?
- Formal salutations
- A signature file
- Use of all capital letters
- Subject heading
- When logging in to the computer, how many attempts are usually given before an individual must reset his or her password?
- Which of the following is a best practice to follow to use email safely?
- Reply to all spam in a timely manner.
- Click on the link provided in the email to ensure it is legitimate.
- Scan emails through a virus checker.
- Call the number listed on the email to verify the sender.
- Which function is used to send an existing email to another individual?
- Carbon copy
- Reply all
- The header of an email does not have which of the following components?
- Which of the following is also known as the return key?
- Which of the following best defines phishing?
- Fraudulent email that solicits private information
- A tool that automatically moves incoming mail to separate folders
- Symbols that substitute for facial expressions
- A message that failed to deliver properly